Sep 18, 2011

Warrior Dash


We were WARRIORS!  Ryan and I headed down to Warrior Dash-Nashville yesterday and had a great time.  Our 4 hr drive was filled with great conversation, Zac Brown Band and quotes from Lenny Pepperbottom.

The trail was pretty difficult.  I was really thankful for cooler weather.  3.15 miles of trail led us from obstacle to obstacle.  A climb over hay bales kicked it off and the obstacles got more difficult as we climbed over and under structures including walls and barbed wire.  In my opinion, the Barricade Break was the most difficult and left me pretty light headed afterwards.  The Road Rage was the most fun running over a junkyard of wrecked cars.  The combination of fire and mud were a great way to end the race.  I was exhausted and if it wasn't for the other warriors alongside me in battle, I don't think I would have made it.  Warriors stick together!  Warrior Dash was a huge success!


It didn't take any convincing to get Ryan to stop at Nolin River Lake for a quick fish at sunset.  Since we were in the neighborhood we stopped by to scout for a future trip.  It looks like a put-in just below the dam would be a perfect place to start an overnight trip in the future.  The fish didn't cooperate, but it was still a great chance to stretch our legs and clean the mud off....Warrior!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment