Jul 17, 2011

Taylorsville Lake

Wow!  What a beautiful place to go kayak and fish.  I put in at the Van Buren Boat Ramp.  Paddling east from the put-in was perfect because I headed straight into a "No Wake Zone".  I didn't see any other boats at all until later in the evening.


Paddled up on 2 deer right off the bank.  When they noticed me they started snorting and stomping their front leg on the ground to see if I would move.  I guess they were trying to figure out if the big red thing in the water was alive or not.  See them in the photo above.

Based on all the fish I saw jumping out of the water, Taylorsville Lake must be a great place to fish.  I slip in unnoticed on the kayak and saw many of the bass jumping really close to my boat....big ones too!  But, I couldn't get any of them to bite.  I tried crank baits, spinner baits, rubber crawdads and fake minnows.  No luck....  A guy that I passed on the way out said he was catching them on crank baits from 6-9 ft down.

It's a bummer to get skunked in the fishing end of the things.  But, I'll be back you fish!  I'll be back....

Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment