Nov 26, 2011

Silver Creek


I was extra thankful for a few hours of down-time this afternoon.  The past few days of Thanksgiving were incredible but I was ready to get out and be active after so much TV and eating.  There's a section of the Kentucky River that I've been wanting to explore.  The put-in is easy to find and it's close to Lexington.  Map


Once in the water, I paddled upstream about 30 minutes.  The river seemed much less wide than it is down by High Bridge.  I stopped to fish the mouth of Silver Creek.  Paddling back into the creek offered some rest from the river current.  This section was very remote and beautiful.  I loved it!

View at the mouth of Silver Creek.  You can see a drastic change in water clarity.  Pretty cool!

I stayed on the water as long as I possibly could before heading back....always thinking that the next cast might land a big fish.  Unfortunately, it didn't.  But this trip was far from disappointing.  The location, beauty and remoteness were fantastic.  I'll be back!

As I rounded the last bend on my way back the sun is fading fast.  Glad to spot my truck on the right. 



No comments:

Post a Comment